The world of live performance has been forever changed by the COVID-19 pandemic. With pride we acknowledge that site-specific opera falls between the lines of the conventional performing arts. Not only does this permeate how we create intimate shows, but it also affects how we mitigate the transmission of COVID-19 in the work we do. Below you will find protocols that are specifically crafted for how we produce and perform Gianni Schicchi. These protocols were designed to take each step in risk mitigation and evaluate how to implement them for our production at the Prince George Ballroom. In devising these plans, we have taken into consideration opera and theatre industry standards, union guidelines, New York State, NYC, and federal regulations, as well as CDC recommendations.
The following protocols to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 for our upcoming production Gianni Schicchi at the Prince George Ballroom are in effect:
- Audience members will be required to provide proof of full vaccination (including a booster if eligible) at the entry to the Prince George Ballroom regardless of age.
Proof of vaccination includes showing your paper vaccination card or a photocopy of it for review by OSO staff or providing your vaccine passport via the Excelsior Pass. Excelsior Pass is currently only available to individuals who were vaccinated in New York State. For more information about the Excelsior Pass, please visit https://epass.ny.gov/home
- Masks are required for all audience members. Ushers and Front of House staff will be wearing masks at performances. Performers will be unmasked for performances. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- OSO will NOT require testing of audience members. However, strict weekly testing protocols are in place for performers and staff.
- OSO requires patrons who are sick or exhibiting symptoms to stay home. Symptoms of COVID19 include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- High-touch areas will be cleaned regularly, and OSO will provide hand sanitation areas throughout the Prince George Ballroom.
- Should someone test positive for COVID-19, OSO is required to report this to New York State Department of Health and patrons will be contacted by a contact tracer.
For questions regarding our COVID-19 safety protocols, please contact Emily Barber, Production Manager at email@example.com.