For consideration for future auditions, please e-mail your headshot, resume, and audio/video clips to email@example.com
On Site Opera is looking for interns! Click here to learn more.
On Site Opera is currently seeking a full-time Production Manager. Please view the job description and application instructions below.
Production Manager (full-time)
On Site Opera is seeking a creative self-starter to join our team in the next chapter of the organization’s growth. Our production and event offerings have expanded in number and scope over the last two years, and we have taken up management of a 1,500 square foot Manhattan rehearsal studio. The Production Manager is a full-time position that will play a crucial role in the management of the company’s expanding footprint. The selected candidate will report directly to the General & Artistic Director. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about the performing arts and is eager to build his/her/their career as a production and art administration professional. OSO maintains a small staff that works closely together, frequently stretching beyond our specific roles and responsibilities to support each other.
Start Date: September 16, 2019
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALITIES:
- Creative problem-solver
- Positive attitude
- Collaborative and positive team-player
- Comfortable adapting to new changes in each project
- Create production budgets with General & Artistic Director (GAD)
- Manage and track production budget and expenses
- Hire and oversee production support staff (stage management, wardrobe, prop crew, orchestra manager, etc.)
- Create production schedule with GAD
- Measure venue performance spaces and draft seating groundplans with GAD and Stage Manager
- Supervise and participate in production load-in and strike in rehearsal studio and performance venue
- Setup and strike orchestra pit for rehearsals and performances
- Liaise with venue and co-producing partners as needed
- Manage and facilitate OSO’s costume and prop stock for internal use as well as outside rentals
- Administer and track all contracts (eg. artists, designers, consulting, special events) under direction from GAD (Note: this does not include contract negotiation)
- Manage artist HR paperwork
- Manage artist housing / travel
- Create / update database as it relates to artist submissions, auditions, and history with OSO
- Manage state-mandated anti-sexual harassment training
- Manage and maintain 1,500 sq ft rehearsal studio. Liaise with building staff regarding facility issues.
- Liaise with studio renters regarding studio setup needs
- Schedule tunings/maintenance for studio piano
- Serve as rehearsal stage manager for select events (eg. workshops, special event rehearsals) (Note: This does not include stage management on core season productions.)
- Set-up rehearsal room, including orchestra, tables, chairs
Education Program Support
- Administer and track contracts with schools, organizations, and teaching artists
- Create and track invoices for education program partners
- Prepare and setup studio for OSO auditions
- Serve as audition monitor
- 2-3 years production experience in a professional arts organization
- Experience with immersive, site-specific, or non-traditional venue performance is preferred
- Knowledge and fluency of CAD software (Vector Works, Autocad, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent work ethic and professional work habits
- Strong, demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Strong, demonstrated organizational skills
- Self-motivated, creative thinker
- Computer proficient and able to adapt quickly to new online tools (Systems used in this position include Asana; MS Word and Excel; and Google Gmail, Calendar, and Drive.)
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
COMPENSATION, SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
This is a full-time position with a starting salary of $50,000. On Site Opera offers a flexible work schedule during non-production periods, and generous Paid Time Off policies. The company’s office and rehearsal studio are located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan (86th Street). Performance venues are located throughout New York City, and occasionally out-of-state. In addition to regular business hours, candidate will be required to work evening / weekend hours in conjunction with performances and events.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Production Manager [Your Full Name]” in the subject line.
On Site Opera is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Equity, access, and inclusion are core values at On Site Opera and we are dedicated to increasing the diversity within our staff as it enriches our work and our organization. We encourage candidates who identity as people of color, trans or non-binary, and LGBTQ to apply. All applications will receive consideration for employment.