Development / Administrative Assistant (part-time)
On Site Opera is seeking an energetic self-starter to join our team in the next chapter of the organization’s growth. We recently developed a strategic plan to expand the organization’s capacity and programming over the next few years. The Development / Administrative Assistant is a part-time position that will play a crucial role in this plan, offering you an opportunity to grow with the company. The selected candidate will report directly to the Executive Director primarily on fundraising projects along with some general administrative functions. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about the performing arts and is eager to learn and grow as an arts administration professional. The OSO office is an informal work environment with a small staff that works closely together, frequently stretching beyond our specific roles and responsibilities to support each other.
DEVELOPMENT: As the Development / Administrative Assistant, you will work closely with the Executive Director to provide essential support for OSO’s fundraising plan. Your tasks may include:
- Assisting with the grant application process (assembling supporting documents, proofreading written proposals, updating database with relevant grant information).
- Assisting with preparations for benefits and donor cultivation events.
- Maintaining accurate donation and funder records in the organization’s database. Supporting senior staff with donor relations (fulfilling donor benefits, generating reports) Preparing direct fundraising appeals for mail, email, and social media distribution.
ADMINISTRATION: The Development / Administrative Assistant will also support OSO’s senior staff by maintaining the office space and handling clerical functions. Your tasks may include:
- Maintaining the digital and physical filing systems
- Maintaining office organization, such as ordering offices supplies and coordinating office maintenance with building management.
- Assisting the Marketing Team with minor website updates as needed
- Researching information relevant to the organization’s upcoming activities and performances Participating in meetings, trainings, and performance-related events as a representative of the OSO team
- 1-2 years experience in a professional office setting
- Strong, demonstrated written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong, demonstrated organizational skills
- Computer proficient and able to adapt quickly to new online tools (Systems used in this position include MS Word and Excel; and Google Gmail, Calendar, and Drive. Training will be provided for box office software, donor database, and various online grant application tools.)
- Familiarity / experience within a nonprofit or arts administration environment is preferred
- Strong interest in arts administration
COMPENSATION, SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
This is a part-time position paying $20 per hour, working approximately 25 – 29 hours per week, generally during regular business hours. The selected candidate and the Executive Director will create a schedule that includes a combination of working in On Site Opera’s office on the Upper West Side of Manhattan (86th Street) and working remotely. Some evening / weekend hours will be required in conjunction with performances and events.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Admin Application [Your Full Name]” in the subject line.
Applications due by January 2, 2018. Interviews to follow. Start date: early February.